NOTE: Applications will only be processed when college is in session.
Dreamkeepers provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Dreamkeepers assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
You will be required to bring into the Counseling office documentation covering your emergency. Documentation is required prior to your application being reviewed.
Note: If you do not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements below, please contact the Dreamkeepers College Administrator via the contact information at the bottom of this page to discuss your situation.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours of study at Moraine Valley Community College.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the academic semester or 3 credits during summer session.
- Must have an unanticipated financial emergency that will keep you from completing the semester in which the emergency arises.
- Must not have received a previous grant from Dreamkeepers.
- Students must first meet with a college counselor to discuss the emergency situation and look for alternative funding sources.
- If appropriate for Dreamkeepers assistance, student completes online application. Please answer all questions as completely as possible, as applications are reviewed on information supplied. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed until completed and submitted. Students must provide current contact information, including phone and e-mail address.
- Student meets with the Dean of Counseling and Advising, and must submit documentation for the requested funds, including an original and current bill or invoice. Students must provide the business name and address, along with a contact name or department for the purpose of issuing and mailing a check.